As I evaluated my website, I found a lot of credibility in things I never really thought about. For instance, they gave contact information like phone numbers, multiple emails, and a fax number. I also didn't realize how the layout of a website can give hints as to whether it's reliable or not. For instance, if you have to horizontally scroll to see the whole screen it's probably not as reliable. Learning little things like this was extremely helpful.
As far as using this in my classroom, I find it very beneficial to make the students aware of things like this so they're better aware of what may be a good website compared to a bad one. It is also helpful to show them that not everything you find on the internet is reliable. I would allow my students to use this survey as we did, but also I would pull up different websites in front of the class and we could go over together what may be a "good" website or a "bad" website.
No comments:
Post a Comment