My first impression of the webquest was surprisingly better than I expected. I thought I was going to be really bored, but then I found out that these can actually be very interesting to students and can catch (and keep) their attention right away. It's a great way to give students info and a reference to look at whenever they are lost in the middle of their assignment and don't know what to do or expect next.
1. What went well?
Overall the activity we did with the webquests went well and taught me a lot. I am not a lot better equipped to pick out beneficial webquests versus ones that may have too much or too little going on. I definitely learned a lot just by observing other teachers' sites.
2. How will you use this tool in your professional practice/instruction with students?
I would use webquests as a way for my students to receive instructions for a project we will be doing in class. I can also post links, pictures, videos, and other helpful information to guide them in what exactly they need to be looking for and what reliable sites are available. It's also a great way to keep parents in the loop as to what exactly it is their kids are doing in class, and even give them ideas on how to help their children with their project.
3. What will you do differently next time?
Next time I would try switching roles with a partner to see what they were looking for and how this can be beneficial to the webquest.
No comments:
Post a Comment