Monday, September 19, 2011

IBA

I really liked the IBA because it was basically like an online worksheet for students.  It's great because it helps guide the kids into what information they need to be looking at, and it also makes it easy to help keep everyone on the same page - literally!  Also, it's great that teachers can go in and do these activities first to make sure they'll be beneficial and a fluent activity for their students.

1. What went well?  I found that when I wasn't sure what to do, it was easy to ask my friends around me for help since we were all doing the same thing and using the same tools.  It was very easy to navigate the website and find the information I needed.

2.  How will you use this tool in your professional practice/instruction with students? 
I could use this tool definitely with older children to introduce a new subject.  For instance, if we were getting ready to learn about rocks, the activity that we did in class would be a good introduction for the children and a way to share info we found on our own.  After sharing the basics, we could then discover a particular rock together each class.

3.  What will you do differently next time? 
Anything I struggled with was very easy to figure out with the help from my classmates since we were able to use the same tools, so I would not change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment