When I finally figured out how to work with the excel program, I was so excited because I felt like I had accomplished something I was originally really frustrated with. I really liked how user friendly it is to students when it's there time to actually use it. For instance, when it says "uh-oh" they know they need to recheck their answers. When I figured out this formula, it seemed to be very helpful!
2. How will you use this tool in your professional practice/instruction in the classroom?
I don't know that I'd use this tool very much with younger children, just because I know their tendency would be to look at their friends answer and type it in, without actually learning anything from it. But I think it would be good to use as a test review in elementary school. This way it's something that's not graded, but helpful to them still! Also, this would be something great to use for attendance and grading to help inspire children to do well on both big and small assignments. For instance, I can type in what would happen if they made an A vs. a D.
3. What will you do differently next time?
I felt like some of the instructions in the packet were very vague so there was a good amount of time I had to wait to speak with an instructor because no one around me understood the instructions as well. I feel like now that I've had experience with this though, I will be much more familiar with it next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment