1. What went well or not well?
Overall I felt that using the wiki went really well! I loved being able to read everyone's posts and being able to edit mine whenever I needed. It was neat to have a class project we could all work on together and edit ourselves. The only thing I struggled with was moving around the pictures in my document. I actually had a fairly easy time uploading the pictures, but actually moving them where I wanted to go proved difficult. Also, I hahd forgotten how to add my link with my name on the home page, but with help I was able to figure it out with no problem.
2. How will you use this tool in your professional practice/instruction with students?
Because I am an early childhood ed major, the highest grade I will be working with is in third grade. I feel like for them wiki's would be beneficial while in class, in case help is needed, in order to do tasks such as finding images online and doing group work with them. More so, I feel the wiki's would be very beneficial for the parents of my young students. It would be great to help with lists such as carpooling for field trips, volunteers in the classroom on different days of the week, etc. It's a great way to get all parents involved.
3. What will you do differently next time?
Overall I felt like I did everything the best of my ability at that time. The only thing I can think to change would be to try placing my pictures in different places in the text. For instance, if I wanted to talk about playing with my dogs for my first hobby, I could add a picture at the end of that topic and then after that continue on with my next hobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment